At 8:30 am Wednesday June 6th, we’re going to try something new: we will be live blogging a breakfast round-table discussion at the Tech Shop in Dearborn. The topic of the discussion is redeveloping and repurposing industrial and commercial facilities. The discussion will focus on development constraints such as facility size, location, due diligence, demolition, financing, and incentives. The sponsors of the event are: FordLand, AON, UGL Services, SME, Rehmann, UBS, Dawda Mann, Huron Consultants, Mark Allan & Associates, O’Keefe & Associates, and the MEDC. Click here for a description of the event.
The discussion is being moderated by Dan Duggan, Deputy Managing Editor and blogger at Crain’s Detroit Business and our panelists include:
- Roger Gaudett, Ford Land, (owners’ perspective on redevelopment)
- Mike Deighan, O’Keefe & Associates (discussing making deals and liquidation);
- James Harless, SME (environmental issues)
- Dusty Duistermars, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (incentives)
- Dale Cira, AON Risk (insurance)
- Ken Bowen, Ashley Capital (developer’s perspective)
Yours truly will be fielding any questions on environmental law.
Tune in to our blog tomorrow at 8:30 am!